Saturday, February 7, 2015

More Than Just A Coffee House: Salt Yard Sessions

Music + cake + comfy couches.

Saltyard is a wonderful lil' coffee shop run by a local church in Edinburgh.

Salt Yard Sessions are wonderful gatherings of the community in which we seek God through live music at said wonderful lil' coffee shop. 

Saturday night, I ventured a wee bit away from campus and trekked two miles to see acoustic performances from bunderland, Illuminate Scotland, and Nathan Jess & Band. It was worth it. 


raise your hand if you're like me & love the hanging lights & paper triangles in the background

me with Nathan Jess!
Besides the delicious home-baking (like seriously delicious cake...lots of it), what made the night special was just a group of believers gathering around, sitting on comfy couches and singing together to celebrate the Heavenly Father we love.




We sang this one song called "Spirit Break Out," and it really hit me when the lyrics "heaven come down" were repeated again and again.

What would it be like if heaven actually did come down, right now?


PS happy birthday to my dear brother Joseph! Though he turned 15 years old today, I will forever see him as my baby bro.




No comments:

Post a Comment