Friday, January 23, 2015

What Is "Home"?

I see slices of heaven in the friendly faces of two old Scottish granddads giving us directions to the right bus stop to get to the rugby match. I see slices of heaven in the rays of sun glittering through windswept trees, in my flatmates for singing along to all The Proclaimers' songs while watching the movie "Sunshine on Leith", and in the joy of dancing (terribly yet unabashedly) at ceilidhs.

I see pieces of paradise when in Edinburgh my mom reunites with her friends from medical school in the Philippines, and laughs hysterically with them. I see pieces of paradise when I call home and hear my brothers' voices, when I pause to say thanks to God for the sun, when I pause to say thanks to God in the rain.



This world is not perfect. There's a lot of suffering and dying and hurt and pain. But we can hold onto the hope that we were not meant to live in this world, but in another. We were meant to live in our true home. It may not be now, it may not be tomorrow, it may not even seem like it will ever come...

But I trust and hope and know that it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment